Thursday, October 1, 2009

The way things are...

Hello there. It's been a while, huh? Life just spun itself back into place and as such, I had less of a reason to vent and blog. I've discovered that blogging, for me anyway, is a way of unleashing bent up emotions. Lately, I haven't really had much of a reason to vent because life just hasn't been too shabby!

First of all, my friends are fucking amazing. I've been spending far more time with the friends who have been there all along and getting more acquainted with those who I should have become closer to in the first place. Not only are these people the ones who care about me, they genuinely enjoy my company and try their best to include me whenever they can. That's the kind of friendship I cherish and the feelings are mutual, full circle! This alone is what caused me to keep my head up high and really let loose.

Next, without Chrissy, April, Jillian and the others from that circle of people, life has been much better than it once was. Until now, I hadn't really thought about them very much at all. I've completely realized that I'm better off without some people, which has kept me generally safe from drama and stupidity.

Finally, although it's still not done, the final process of going up and taking the GED tests is in the works, which means I can start working for real and making real money soon. The fact that it's within' my grasp is a big deal for me, given that I can finally get my life back on track.

With those major bits out of the way, I suppose I'll fill you in on some general stuff.

I started playing "Aion" around 9PM EST, after having purchased it an hour earlier. The beta was okay, but I'm enjoying the game a lot more now that it's completely open to the public. I have friends who play it now, too, so that helps. The combat is what hooks me most of all, given how deep it really is. It actually requires some degree of thought and skill to play the game well. That's quite an accomplishment for a modern MMORPG, you know!

Moving on, there are no direct or serious love interests in my life, but I've come to realize that I don't have a shot with the people that I have even a mild interest in right now. A few of the ladies I hang around are awesome and I'd be happy to go after something real with one of them, but I'm just being a realist. I'm better off not trying with those girls and I'm okay with that, given that we have healthy friendships. I have a clear head and I'm not upset by this at all.

Speaking of love interests, Kristy, the Australian ex-girlfriend of mine, popped back up recently. Or rather, I should say that she never completely went away. We have very basic, although fun and healthy conversations every so often, but I don't really think of her as more than a friend anymore. I'll admit that I would really try for something with her if we weren't across the globe from one another, as would she, but it's just not possible and we've both come to realize it, so we have a healthy friendship. We both intentionally distance ourselves here and there to prevent any misplaced feelings, but it all works out.

There's a lot more that I could talk about, but I really don't feel up to the task of writing as much as I could right now. Rest assured, though... most of the things on my mind are wonderful. I just need to get back on track with a few things and life is grand!

So, on that note, have a good day! Steve out! Take care!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment