Wednesday, March 4, 2009

7+1: The countdown begins..

"Resident Evil 5" will be in my hands around midnight on March 13, 2009. I can't wait to get my gigantic Collector's Edition box, finish the game my first time through in a single sitting directly after coming home and then replay it over and over again until I've unlocked every achievement and cleared all of the special modes, shooting ranges, etc. that the game may have tucked away in a neat corner.

With that little bit of excitement out of the way, let's talk about my day. First of all, things between my Australian ex-girlfriend and I seem to be okay. I don't know what's happening, but there's not a problem. I was looking a bit too far into it, I guess, but it was just a weird situation, I suppose. No big deal. I have myself under control for the most part these days and I'm happier in general because of it. Next on the list: My friend left basically directly after we woke up, which was around 2:30PM EST. Since then, I've just been conversing with people via IM clients and my phone. The Australian ex-girlfriend stopped by for a brief few moments to talk before she left to take her classes, but otherwise nothing had happened until a few moments ago. See, I met this girl on Craig's List, whom I will probably never speak to again after tonight. She's not a target and probably wont even become a long-term friend. Who knows, really? But anyway, she was in need of a DreamCast controller because her and her Aunt have been living alone together and don't get out of the house much, so they picked up a cheap system with a few games. I have 3 controllers, a fishing controller and a bunch of games, so I decided that I'd spare the controller and throw in a free copy of "Sonic Shuffle". I know it might sound like much, but my empathy got the best of me. I'm hoping that this will help make that girl's day and give her and her Aunt plenty of fun times. For all I know, they'll trash it or forget it in a few days. Hell, they may not even like the game, but you know what? I don't care. I just want to help people out when I can and for once, I found a way to do just that. She's on her way now, so I decided to take the time to write this while I wait. She also thinks she's paying $5 and is only getting the controller, but I wont break the good news to her until she's here. At any rate, tonight might be a gaming night, but I haven't decided just yet, so it's back to the drawing board, the internet and my ridiculous conversations. For now, Steve out! Take care!

-SM

No comments:

Post a Comment