Thursday, March 19, 2009

Corrupted...

I'm going to kill someone. I'm going to jump off a bridge. My save file for "Resident Evil 5" is now 100% officially corrupted and wont load. At all. 60-80 hours of work went into that file. My sheer passion drove me to be the best that I could be, do everything that I could do and work my fucking ass off to get every achievement and non-achievement unlockable in the game. I was halfway through the last step, "Professional" mode, when this happened. I was almost there. I was about to do my victory run, in a sense. I was prepped and ready to stomp the game and be done with it until the urge to blow zombies up caught me again a few months down the road. I perfected the game, maxed everything out, explored every corner and even got my speedrun time down to around two and a half hours. I was pumped, primed and ready, but no, not anymore. Now I don't even want the game. I want to get rid of it, forget that it exists and move on with life. I'm so tempted to sell it and be done with it, but I don't know if I even have the heart to do so. And for anyone who may have found this blog that thinks I'm crying over spilt milk, you can lick my fucking balls. For me, gaming is a serious passion and a true lifestyle. I always put real priorities in my life first when the need is there, but otherwise, losing that save file to me is comparable to someone losing a collection of cards or something equally depressing. This is my outlet of choice and I take it as serious as anyone else takes their hobbies. People may not realize just how badly something like this hurts me. This is my biggest gaming loss ever. I've never lost a save file with this much work and dedication put into it for my entire life. I don't even know what to do with myself. That said, consider this the end of my time with "Resident Evil 5" for a very long time, unless Capcom or Microsoft decides to somehow reimburse me for my time or create a new save file for me, which we all know will not happen. I wont be buying the downloadable content and I refuse to do all of this work over again right now. It'll be a long fucking time before I hop back on the RE5 bandwagon. Until then, my zombie slaying days are over. Fuck you, Capcom. Everyone else, take care.

-SM

No comments:

Post a Comment