Thursday, March 5, 2009

Secrets...

Have you ever heard the story of "Pandora's Box"? If not, take a look at the Wikipedia article before we continue, which can be found here. If you're finished reading, reflect on the article for a moment. It can be interpreted in many ways, but for all intents and purposes, the bottom line is that Pandora's Box unleashed evil upon the world, but it also gave us hope. Without hope, it seems as though there would be no reason to want to live, but then again, would we have a reason to wish death upon ourselves if hope didn't exist? That's a really deep thing to process, really. I mean, would you give up your hope for the sake of removing all evil from the world? Both possible answers to that question have serious penalties if you put some serious thought into it. This doesn't have much to do with anything, but I was just pondering this today in the midst of everything else. Call it an exercise in critical thinking, if you will.

So, today's theme is apparently secrecy. Everyone has lost their fucking minds, I swear. I was talking to my Australian ex-girlfriend earlier and she started getting really serious, shut off her webcam, experienced a massive degree of frustration and refused to tell me what it was about because it didn't involve me. In the past, she'd never done such a thing before. If she said she was reading or doing something, she'd tell me about it. I'm not an extremely jealous or untrusting person, but I like good conversation, so I ask a whole lot of questions for the sake of keeping the ball rolling. That said, this random secrecy is driving me insane. There's not a whole lot that I can do about it, but to be honest, I'm almost ready to just cut her out of my life again. It's really not worth the nuisance, as much as I'd really like to try and keep her in my life as a close friend. It's just not going to happen until she gets her fucking head on straight. It might sound like I'm overexaggerating or over reacting, but honestly, there's not a whole lot I can do to explain how things were. You just sorta' had to "be there", in a manner of speaking. She's just growing more and more vicious and "blah" again lately and I'm starting to wonder why I ever let her back into my life. She's still unwilling to discuss most things on a whim and she's still very fake a lot of the time. There's not much else to say about her, but you'll definitely be hearing about it if I cut her out of my life for good.

The other act of secrecy today was my close female cousin's friend's doing. Now, I understand and everything, but why would you tell people that you have a secret, but not tell them what the secret is? That's an intentional peaque of curiousity and seriously dude, it's really stupid. It's human nature to be curious, so it's going to annoy me that she'd do that to everyone. It wasn't just me or anything; it was in a survey and was a part of our conversation. I wont press her for details, but my goodness, people! For the love of all that is good, stop teasing people! It's ridiculous!

Aside from that, I played a bit of "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" with one of my friends. I'm almost rank 50, which is very exciting because I'm only 5 levels away from the top! Prestige is for people with no life and I really don't give a rat's ass about a stupid little special icon. I'll sit at 55, work on my golden guns and finish 100% of my challenges there over a long span of time, just for the sake of doing it all. There was also a small amount of "Left 4 Dead" single player in there for a while and I tried to watch a few crappy movies, all of which I stopped not more than halfway through. I also played "Halo 3" with an internet friend that I'd never spoken to until tonight for the first time. We only played a single round, but we'll get our game on together in the future at some point, for sure. She's a hella cool chick and she's a very positive influence on everyone she talks to.

On the social front, I talked to the girl I could possibly like a bit more today. We had a great conversation via text messages, then she randomly disappeared for 2 hours to take a phonecall from her best friend. Afterwards, she replied briefly and after I sent my good night message, I'm assuming she had already fallen asleep because I didn't receive any sort of response. It's all good, though. I know she means well. She's a sweetheart.

As for business news: My business partner finally shipped out "Star Ocean: The Last Hope", which means I can finally open it, play the shit out of it, review it and move onto "Resident Evil 5" on March 13. I'm filled with excitement right now because of that! I probably drove him nuts about getting it out to me ASAP, but he finally did and I love him for it! It's sure to be the best RPG for the Xbox 360 yet!

And for today's purchases: I bought the "Ninja Gaiden II" mission pack on Xbox Live Arcade, since it's the deal of the week at 30% off. I also bought the original "Pac-Man", seeing as I only had "Pac-Man Championship Edition" previously. They go well together because they're so different from one another. Having bought those, my account is now drained of MicroSoft Points and I'm ready to get my game on.

There's nothing else to say right now, but there may be more before bed. Who knows? Take care!

-SM

No comments:

Post a Comment