Saturday, February 28, 2009

Not much to talk about this afternoon...

After 4 hours of unbroken sleep and another hour of broken sleep, I'm awake and ready to start my day. Last night, I had a normal and enjoyable conversation with my Australian ex-girlfriend. I also spoke to a bunch of other people, but one person I was talking to sorta' disappeared! I'm assuming that she just fell asleep and such, seeing as she's sick, so that's okay. That poor girl needs to recover! Being sick sucks! One big thing that I'm proud of is that I finished a shitload of my reviews over the course of the past few days. "Dragon Quest V" and "Star Ocean: The Last Hope" (when it actually gets here) are going to take a while to really wrap up, but most everything else is completed. I'm enjoying my new red Xbox 360 controller. It's much tighter and all of the stupid joystick and d-pad issues I was having from the wear-and-tear of my old controller are non-existent. That controller still works fine and for all intents and purposes, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's just not smooth enough anymore for my tastes. I played "Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos" for a brief bit and while there's not much to it, it's a pretty fun game. I also did a little bit of gaming in "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" and "Castle Crashers", but not much in either case. Today, my S-Video system selector finally arrived and while it works flawlessly, there's one fatal flaw that annoys the shit out of me because I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do this: If you plug it into an S-Video port, each and every input connection must also be S-Video or it just wont register to the TV. I guess I can't ask for too much, given that it requires no external power source and it was a standard (and cheap) system selector, but the quality is astounding for the price that I paid. There's no noticable loss of quality via the S-Video port at all and it's also futureproof to a certain extent because it supports component HD cables, as well! It even comes with 4 pre-labeled tags on the front for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and Other, which is absolutely perfect. I'll hook the 3 listed consoles up to it, as well as my DreamCast with the old gold-plated S-Video cable I have for it. Anyhow, I ordered a standard Mad Catz S-Video cable for my PS3, which probably wont be here until next Friday or Saturday, but that will finally resolve my graphical and sound issues when hooking my PS3 up through the front A/V jacks while the Xbox 360 is hooked up in the back via S-Video. That's the only reason that I never play my PS3. It's nearly unplayable due to the crazy video and sound distortion caused by my shitty front A/V jacks. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the only other connections I have are coaxial (R/F - which is where my Comcast Digital Cable box is plugged in to) and S-Video on the back, so I have to make due with what I have. Aside from that, my bank account balance is fixed, credit money has been deposited and is secure and my cell phone bill money has also been deposited and is secure, so I should be okay as far as my accounts and finances go. After this, I'm not touching that stupid bank account ever again aside from credit payments. I'll use cash forever if I have to. Anyway, that's all for now. I might lay back down for a while after I take a bath. We'll see what happens! Take care!

-SM

No comments:

Post a Comment